Seven Up Blues Put Catholics To The Sword

Last updated : 02 December 2005 By Thetashkentterror
Arnison : hat-trick
3 minutes - Adam Murray lays the ball into Simon Hackney down the left-channel, Hackney shoots from 15 yards but his shot is dragged wide of the Harraby goal.

10 minutes - Paul Arnison hits a nice ball into the box from the right-wing. Michael Bridges does well to get in front of his marker and clip a right-footed finish beyond Marc Winters and into the net from 10 yards out to put United 1-0 up.

12 minutes - Good one touch football between Jamie McClen and Derek Holmes sets up Bridges. The ball bobbles horribly in front of Carlisle's new loan striker and his effort from the edge of the box is sliced horribly wide.

15 minutes - Arnison plays a long ball down the Harraby right inside the Catholic Club's centre-half. Bridges finds a yard, steadies himself, and clips an exquisite lob from 20 yards out over Winters and into the far corner, a Premiership quality finish that puts the Blues two goals to the good.

20 minutes - Kevin Nichol hits a good free-kick in for the Catholics from the United centre-circle. Simon Clarke puts a firm header in for Harraby but Kevin Gray heads clear for Carlisle in front of the covering Keiren Westwood.

22 minutes - Long clearance by Westwood, Bridges unable to control under pressure from three Harraby defenders, ball rolls through to Winters in the Harraby goal.

23 minutes - Holmes crosses in from the left side, the ball is part-cleared to Lumsdon 25 yards out from the Catholic goal. Lumsdon hits a great first-time effort which Winters does fantastically well to tip onto the crossbar and over for a corner. A superb save by the Harraby keeper.

31 minutes - McClen cuts in from the Carlisle right and shoots left-footed from the angle of the Catholic penalty area, his effort slices just wide of the Harraby near-post.

32 minutes - Lumsdon takes a short corner to Hackney and receives the one-two to come inside and hit a right-footed effort inches over from 20 yards out.

35 minutes - Hackney hits a deep cross in from the left-hand side to the far-post. McClen is on the end of it to attempt a first-time volley which he miscues horribly back away from goal straight to Lumsdon in the Harraby "D". Lumsdon tries a low right-footed curler which Winters saves well low down.

36 minutes - Hackney sent through in the left-channel but takes too much time to shoot, Dean Lamonby does well to get back and block Hackney's effort out for a corner. Lumsdon puts the flag-kick in which Holmes glances wide of the Harraby far-post from 10 yards out.

38 minutes - Hackney runs to the by-line and lays the ball back to Zigor Aranalde, Zigor, returning from a knee injury, swings a deep cross in to the Harraby back-post which Arnison meets running in to plant a firm header past Winters in the Catholic goal to extend Carlisle's lead to 3-0.

40 minutes - Bridges crosses in from the left. Arnison, again running into the box from his right-back spot into the penalty area gets a good header in on goal from 12 yards out. Winters dives down to save but the ball squirms under his body and into the far corner of the net to make the score 4-0 to United.

42 minutes - Bridges lays the ball off to Hackney on the wing. Hackney puts a good ball into the box for McClen but the ex-Newcastle man heads over the Harraby bar from the penalty spot area.

Half-time - Carlisle United 4-0 Harraby Catholic Club

46 minutes - United substitutes, Glenn Murray on for Chris Lumsdon and Simon Grand on for Kevin Gray.

46 minutes - Low ball played into the middle by McClen from the left, Harraby centre-half Craig Foster makes a mess of an attempted clearance and gives possession away to Glenn Murray in the middle of the Catholic penalty area. Glenn Murray hits a powerful first-time side-footed effort into the top right-hand corner of the net to make the score Carlisle 5-0 Harraby.

52 minutes - Hackney comes inside well from his berth on the left-hand side of midfield. Hackney shoots right-footed across Winters who parries the ball up into the air. Holmes is unable to get on the end of the loose ball as he is muscled out of it by Foster.

58 minutes - Bridges plays a nice ball through to Glenn Murray but United's striker takes too long and allows Harraby defender Paul Nugent to cover across and block well.

59 minutes - United substitute, Paul Simpson on for Michael Bridges.

60 minutes - Another good deep cross from Hackney down the left. Glenn Murray heads back across Winters from ten yards but his effort pings back out off the inside of the Harraby post.

62 minutes - Harraby substitute, Adrian Griffiths on for Kevin Nichol.

62 minutes - Craig Thompson turns well for the Catholic club and hits a powerful shot in on the United goal which flies just wide of Westwood's goal.

70 minutes - McClen cuts in from the right-hand side but loses possession and the ball breaks to Carlisle's Simpson 30 yards out from the Harraby goal. Simpson tries to hit a pacey effort in on the Catholic keeper but only succeeds in dragging his shot well wide of Winters' near-post.

71 minutes - McClen once more hits a useful delivery in from the right which Glenn Murray gets on the end of. Glenn Murray pulls away from Foster but his header goes wide of the upright.

73 minutes - McClen plays the ball into Holmes. United's targetman passes sweetly to Arnison running down the right channel and into the Harraby box. Arnison hits a powerful low shot underneath Winters from 15 yards out to put Carlisle 6-0 up and claim an unlikely hat-trick for himself.

75 minutes - Harraby substitute, Chris Bowes on for Dean Lamonby.

77 minutes - Arnison, seemingly always in the action, hits a cross in from the right to where Holmes is lurking on the penalty spot. Holmes directs a well-placed header back across the direction of Arnison's ball in and into the far corner of the Catholic net as United make it 7-0 over Harraby.

84 minutes - The Catholic Club have their best spell of the night as they impart some good pressure on the Carlisle goal. Substitute Bowes sends in a good flag-kick to where Foster has found himself unmarked on the penalty spot due to some sloppy Blues defending. Foster plants a firm header goalwards and is very unlucky to see it smack off the underside of the United bar and out, the ball eventually being cleared by Arnison.

88 minutes - Shortly before the final whistle blows on the tie Roy Holliday makes a good run forward for Harraby. Holliday checks 25 yards out from the Carlisle goal and hits a cracking rising drive which Westwood does extremely well to tip over and keep out of the top right corner of the United net. A great effort by Holliday and a top save by Westwood who does well to keep his concentration after being unoccupied for the majority of the night.

90 minutes - Referee Bainbridge calls time on a match in which Harraby have played their part and competed well over the full hour and a half.

Carlisle United 7-0 Harraby Catholic Club

United line-up :

Keiren Westwood, Paul Arnison, Zigor Aranalde, Kevin Gray (Simon Grand 46), Danny Livesey, Jamie McClen, Chris Lumsdon (Glenn Murray 46), Adam Murray, Michael Bridges (Paul Simpson 59), Derek Holmes, Simon Hackney.

Unused substitute :

Anthony Williams.

Harraby Catholic Club :

Marc Winters, Dean Lamonby (Chris Bowes 75), Paul Nugent, Aaron Dickson, Craig Foster, Kevin Nichol (Adrian Griffiths 62), Nik Storey, Simon Clarke, Roy Holliday, Craig Thompson, Richard Ellwood.

Unused substitutes :

Ben Judge, Andrew McKinnell and Marek Wysocki.